Coffee & Community, Anyone?
Monday night, sitting on a cozy front porch of a local coffee shop, 5 other women and myself sat sipping our coffee enjoying easy, authentic conversation. It was really simple and easy. Each one of us is so uniquely different from one another but we have some common bonds too. We laughed, shared stories, talked about raising kids, meeting husbands, the potential to meet someone, books we are reading and more. I personally, left feeling refreshed and encouraged not only in my personal life, but in business.
It got me thinking. Can this be translated into small business? I mean, I see other entrepreneurs being influencers, building community and working toward making great change, but I always think it sounds really complicated. It doesn't appear to be overly complicated, but in my own life it seems like it could never happen. But is it really complicated? Am I a quitter? Nope.
Then I remembered reading about a mastermind group a couple years ago. And I have been wanting to develop a group ever since. I remember telling everyone about this concept. I tend to do that with things I get excited about...I tell everyone like I'm a broken record. But, the timing hasn't been right before now. Plus, honestly, I haven't had the confidence. I haven't trusted or believed it could happen. Not anymore though! So, I’m putting myself out there with all the vulnerability I have and asking some of you to think about joining me in a mastermind group!
If you are a woman in business, a female entrepreneur or influencer, a blogger, a photographer, or any type of creative business, a mother who homeschools or etc, then keep reading and let me know if this sounds like something you would be interested in being a part of and if you would be willing to commit to this type of group.
In the meantime, think about this as this group develops: I'd love to meet for coffee once a month for Thirsty Thursday. If you follow us on our Facebook page or Instagram, then you'll be able to keep up to date with the details on Thirsty Thursday's!
For now, here's a little something about the concept of a Mastermind Group that you can chew on:
What is a mastermind group?
A group that meets together in a cooperative non-competitive way. It is a group designed to challenge one another to create and implement goals, brainstorm ideas, and support one another.
The group typically meets once a month to bounce ideas off one another, give one another feedback, brainstorm possibilities, and set up accountability to help set up structure and to stay focused and on track.
To Do Something More Together.
We can do more together than we can do a part.
What will you get from a group like this?
• Answers and ideas from brainstorming with the group
• Tap into experience and skills of others
• Increase in confidence in decisions to achieve goals
• Accountability and real progress in your business and in your personal life
• An instant and valuable support network
• A community that shares attitudes, interests, and goals.
• A boost to every day positive mental attitude; you won’t feel so alone.
How to know if you should be a part? Ask yourself:
• Does this group of women have similar interests?
• Is this group of women on the same level? With similar or cohesive businesses?
• Do I have the desire and the inspiration to make this year extraordinary?
• Do I need or want a supportive team of mastermind partners?
• What goals do I want to reach and achieve this year? Can I do it alone?
• Am I ready to overcome fear of change?
• Are you tired of competing with other women in business and the lack of support?
If you answered yes to most of the above questions, are in or near the Waxahachie, Texas area and find yourself interested, then email me at email@example.com. Imagine all the possibilities!
I'd love to hear from you! In the meantime, make sure you keep up with our instagram: @onyahgoods to learn more about Thirsty Thursday's. For now, as the mastermind develops, we'll start with meeting for coffee once a month on Thursdays. We'll start simply and start small.